- Open colonies on a warm day and check for laying queen, brood and diseases.
- Feed one gallon of a two to one sugar syrup containing one teaspoon of Fumidil-B. Repeat in two to three weeks if needed by infected colony.
- Feed pollen substitute if needed.
- Unite weak or queen less colonies with another colony (bees should cover five or more frames).
- Select the best of the two queens before uniting the two colonies. Remove one of the two queens before uniting.
- Check the honey stores and feed any colonies that have less than 15 pounds (six frames of capped honey in shallow super or two to three frames in deep super).