- Rake all leaves and dead grass away from the colony to prevent fire. Cut tall grass.
- Fence apiary to protect the colonies from livestock.
- Feed one gallon of a two to one sugar syrup with 7/8 teaspoon Fumidil-B.
- Check all tops to be sure they are waterproof.
- Place a weight on the outer cover to prevent the wind from blowing the top off the hive.
- Top ventilate all colonies. (Overwintering a Honey Bee Colony)
Dissolve seven-eighths teaspoon of the Fumidil-B in 1/3 cup of warm water. Stir until thoroughly dissolved.
Dissolve seven pounds of granulated sugar in 1¾ quarts of hot tap water. Add the 1/3 cup of thoroughly dissolved Fumidil-B to the sugar syrup.
Feed one gallon to the colony in February and one gallon in November.
Feed one gallon when you install a package, one gallon three weeks later and one gallon in November.